Sunday, May 12, 2013

Everyone needs a buddy: WiFi Buddy BETA


Back in the earlier days of Android, getting a good WiFi widget was a necessity (not that it isn't now).  Although it was fairly easy to turn WiFi on or off from the pulldown menu across the top of the screen, it wasn't always as simple to choose a local connection.  I found WiFi Buddy Beta (WBB), a simple and ad-free solution, to handle this action for me.

Once the Android OS is familiar with the WiFi hotspots that you use regularly, it should immediately find them if they're nearby and connect.  But if for some reason this does not happen, accessing the setting menu can be slightly cumbersome.  I rely on WBB to give me a list in order of signal strength all the local WiFi hotspots nearby as a default. But I also appreciate that below each node WBB displays several function aspects of that connection, such as gain, security, frequency or channel, and broadcast SSID.

WiFi Buddy Beta makes getting access to WiFi just that much easier than the default function in Android, and I appreciate that.  No frills, no cheap graphics, just simple, to the point functionality for WiFi.

Give WiFi Buddy BETA a try on the Google Play Store (Sorry iOS users).  Tell me what you think in the comments or on Google Plus.

Google Play


No comments:

Post a Comment