Friday, August 16, 2013

Locket App: 25 Days Later

Locket App Android

It took exactly 22 days to reach $10 in swiping to unlock my phone.  And here with the Locket app, 25 days later, I've unlocked $11 worth of ads. This update will include the numbers in my experience with the app and other info on how this application works.  And there's been an update in the Beta to version 1.1, where just about everything has changed.

During the first 25 days of the beta release of Locket I spent slightly more than 15 hours per day unlocking the phone three times.  I might have done it more often, but there were some hours when I forgot.  Frankly, I don't think that it is reasonable to remember to unlock the phone three time per hour every waking hour.  Nevertheless I got to $10 just before the release of the first major update. Which ironically pushed the minimum cashable amount out to $20.

Update 1.1 was quickly over-written by 1.1.1 and then nearly as quickly by 1.1.2.  These updates brought a good deal of new ads and some amazing photos (see above).  If anything, the people who work for Locket do not want cheap material. But some changes have come with the updates that have not pleased the users.

In the first run of the Beta, you could make as much as $262 per year, or $0.72 per day.  Now you could make as much as $1.00 per day if you see all the ads, but once you've seen an ad, you cannot be paid again for it. To make up for the lack of consistency, Locket has introduced Aarki; a tasking add-on.  Aarki has you perform simple tasks such as watching a video, downloading and installing an app, taking a survey, or registering for a service.  These tasks can pay anywhere from $0.01 to as much as $22.

Locket App 25 Days Later
I perused the full list from Aarki and the tallied value came out to nearly $350.  If you don't mind parting with some personal information or waiting around to cancel a service, this may be of value to you.  Some of the apps are similar to Locket in that they will pay you to do other activities. I've noticed also that the list changes daily, this may be because it's not managed by Locket, rather by Aarki. Also, Aarki doesn't always pay you immediately, so don't worry about the payment from Locket.

Locket App 25 Days Later
The Locket app only seems to be getting better.  I am impressed with the updates to the app in version 1.1.  Although the three tabs across the main screen are the same, there is now a menu at the top left.  The menu gives a more detailed listing of what is available in the app.  In the list, it is now much easier to access your Paypal and account info.  The list has a line called "Earn More" which directs you to the Aarki list.  And the support section in the Help Center is one of the best I've seen in a startup company app.

I'm still looking forward to what other perks Locket has in store, despite the changes.  For once I don't get that nasty feeling that I'm just a slave to the ridiculously tiny amount of money like I have with every other tasking app.  The Locket team is keeping it real and consistently delivering top content.






No comments:

Post a Comment