Monday, August 6, 2012

An Alarming situation

I never quite adjusted to the blaring honk of morning alarm clocks, whether it be from a clanging bell of the more traditional clocks or the ruckus of a digitally-generated klaxon. I realize that the purpose of these wake-up tools is to prevent me from growing accustomed to them and peacefully missing my appointments.

 Alas, my salvation came in the modern mobile digital era.  No more am I regimented to obnoxious noises to end my rest, but have an almost innumerable list of new choices.  Options range from a soothing intro to any song from my music collection, or any internet or traditional radio station.  I could choose to have a combination of lights slowly brightening the room along with the possibility of any one of hundreds of recorded natural sounds.  There are dozens of tones and muses included in most smartphones for optional wake-up calls.  I could even set progressive timers to re-enable in case I accidentally miss the snooze and turn off the alarm.

Best of all my alarm clock goes with me, no travel alarm necessary. The clock in most mobile phones is set by the mobile phone carrier signal upon arrival in any new time zone.  And even if I found myself in the back-waters of the Congo, a clear shot of the sky and the GPS chip in the phone will determine my exact location on earth and will automatically set the local time.

For more information check out these Apps

LightingBug
 Sorry no iPhone App




Sleep Cycles
 



No comments:

Post a Comment