Sunday, August 12, 2012

Instant Weather

   As it affects us all, the first topic most often discussed is the weather.  I recall, as a child, my mother hijacking the television from us (her children) around 6pm nightly to check the local weather report.  We lived in Bakersfield, the results were rarely news-worthy; it would likely be either cold and dreary or blisteringly hot, depending on what half of the year was current.

   Ah, but now the weather is instantaneous.  I can get all the information that a meteorologist would have been able to present in a 5-minute expose, in the palm of my hand.  Better yet I can get up-to-the minute temperature, humidity, wind-speed, barometric pressure, radar, and satellite imagery for nearly any location in the world. While I relax in San Jose where (as shown in the image above) it is cool and cloudy, I can view the heat wave roasting my friend Ray in Texas.  No more is the weather a topic fallback topic for simple chit-chat.

   For more information on the app in the image check out WeatherBug







No comments:

Post a Comment