Saturday, July 20, 2013

Locket: Get paid to unlock your phone

Locket Logo

I unlock my phone easily 20 times per hour. It's like my brain goes dead when I look at the phone (Ooh pretty...) and somehow I half forget what I was doing, so inevitably I will need to unlock it again later.
And now there's an app for that.  Rather an app that will pay me to unlock my phone?

Well, not entirely.  There's always a catch, right?  Locket will pay me 1¢ per time I unlock my phone, by putting an overlay over the lock screen with an ad.  I'm sure they're making far more off the eyeballs on the ads, than I am.  But there's no requirement to look at further ads unless I am interested.

Example Ad from Locket
When I turn on my phone I see an image, then along the bottom the choice to unlock or get more info. The 1¢ will show whether I am getting paid or not.

Currently there is a cap of 3 per hour on how many times payments are made for unlocking ads. So if I unlock a lot I will see a lot of ads, but not a lot of cash.   I've noticed that sometimes there are no ads on the unlock screen, but have found that if I'm out of range internet.

You'll need a PayPal account to get any cash out. Oh and you will need to view at least 1000 ads before they will allow you take it out ($10.00).   At that rate you will need to have spent a minimum of 2 weeks looking at ads literally every hour of every day.  A somewhat more normal person may take 3 to 4 weeks to do the same.

Signing up for Locket is pretty simple, just follow link and give your info.  I'm not yet sure if you can make more money with multiple Android devices, but I suspect that they may be privy to this action.  Even still, I'm not going to unlock 3 devices, 3 times every hour just to triple my income, that would be like doing real work.  (I wonder if this is going to put Mechanical Turk out of business?)

There is another way to make money faster however and that is through referrals.  Each referral is worth $1 and there does not appear to have an hourly limit (like the ads).

The program is in beta (for now) and I won't be hurt if you don't use my referral link. Just thought y'all might be interested.  Sign up here!

Check out the App on the Google Play Store, sorry iOS users.

Google Play Store


No comments:

Post a Comment