Saturday, October 20, 2012

App Lock: Better Security for Apps

I'd never thought of that.   It's not difficult to lock my phone, but seeing as I have always had a lock, I'd never thought that I might want to lock my apps.  Then one day I loaned my phone to a friend who took the phone out of my sight for a bit while he made a phone call.  I quite sure that he did not use any of the apps on the phone, but it occurred to me that I might like to have an upgraded sense of security on some of the apps.  Along comes App Lock (Thank you Eileen - All About Android Ep. 76)

It is not a complicated application.  By the name it's quite simple in that it puts a 4-digit code on any app prior to opening.  At this time, it's not possible to put a separate 4-digit code on each app, but any or all apps can be included in the lock.  Also I've noticed that on occasion when backing out of some features in certain apps, the lock will appear again, but it's a small price to pay for peace of mind. (Sorry iPhone users).


No comments:

Post a Comment