Saturday, September 29, 2012

A new old idea: Solavei


In writing about Solavei, I have mixed feelings.  I appreciate the ideal of Network Marketing, it's so grassroots, it's so edgy, and at least in this case the service is solid. I am also in favor of Solavei because it is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) sub-leasing from T-mobile. However, my suspicions are aroused with the play at recruiting one's friends to join and ultimately carry the flag of my profits.

Solavei has One Single Plan; Unlimited Everything (talk/ text/ data) for $49 per month, no contract. By itself this plan is actually quite good. However, I can negate my own bill, if I sign-up 4 sets of 3 (12 total) more permanent customers.  For each set of 4 beyond the first I can be paid an additional $50/ month + bonuses for reaching higher multiples.  In effect I could be working for Solavei merely by signing up customers.

I'm not entirely sure how much time and effort it takes to sign-up 12 people for any mobile network, but in the chart below my salary appears once I have acquired 750 subscribers.  Granted, I do not have to do all this leg-work myself.  For every 3 customers that my friends sign-up, I take a bonus and monthly payment.  In the pyramid-like manner of the increase in customers by each further iteration down from me, I could conceivably incur a massive monthly income.


It may be possible to use Solavei as an income supplement.  Incentivizing your own customers is a good way to keep them happy and build a business.  However, in my own personal history of participation with the Multi-level Marketing, the free lunch is eventually paid for by someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment