Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Progressive Gaming: Angry Birds

Rovio Angry Birds

When Angry Birds first made it's way to Android, I tried it out.  Again when Rovio made the game available on Google Chrome and Google Plus Games, I played again.  At that point I was good enough at the game to pass the entire first round with perfect scores on the first try.  But Rovio is taking it one step further, to allow score keeping across all platforms.

Although I haven't played the game in over a year, I'm grateful that Rovio is heading toward a more MMO-like style.  This change will allow a player on any device to maintain the score that they had on any other.  For example, if I started playing on Google Chrome, I could continue on my Nexus 7 or a friend's iPad.  The feature hasn't rolled out to all devices or in all locations just yet, but we can expect it in the coming months.  I can only guess that it will probably require a free account sign-in with Rovio.

Do this change excite you enough to go back to playing (assuming you ever quit)?

Check out the Press announcement via Rovio

No comments:

Post a Comment