Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Angry Birds GO Kart Racing App



Unbelievable!  If you've had the opportunity to play any of the Mario Kart games, then you already have an idea of how much fun this game could be.  It's great to see Rovio not slowing down in the face of its biggest competitors King and Zynga.  Angry Birds Go is HUGE step up from any previous ventures and looks to be a solid winner.

I can't tell you how many hours I personally wasted playing every iteration of Mario Kart.  I thought was pretty good, but if Angry Birds GO mirrors the fun of its prior apps, then it's got my attention.  When I think back on all the games that I played in the last 30 years, Mario Kart definitely sits in the top 10 of my favorites.

There's not a great deal that we can tell about interplay of the Angry Birds GO kart racing app from the trailer.  The characters, upgrades, and special powers are really just the internals of the game itself.  You can probably bet that kart upgrades will come with a price as the app itself is free.  I wouldn't even be surprised if there was no "buy" option for the app, so that the only way to get all the upgrades was to pay the incremental costs.

I sincerely hope that this game is not just cross platform single player, but cross platform multi-player over WiFi and Mobile data.  If the graphics are any indication of the awesome that is yet to come, I am looking forward to it all.

Check out the Trailer for Angry Bird GO

No comments:

Post a Comment