Sunday, September 23, 2012

Tablets: Trading Down


I started out, back in November of 2010 with the  Samsung Galaxy Tab, the first Android tablet to hit the market.  I appreciated it so much that I started a blog (deleted) called Galaxy Tab D2D (Day-to-Day). I kept the tablet until June 2012 when I gave it to a friend, as I had only recently purchased the ASUS Transformer.

After 5 months of ownership I came to the realization that I almost never use the ASUS.  It's quite large at 10-inches and noticeably heavy, by comparison to the Tab.  I would begin to use it and my arm would get tired or I would find myself constantly switching between landscape and portrait mode to get the best keyboard layout.  I've used Swype (and clones of Swype), but on a screen of that size it's better to just use two hands.

I used the ASUS until about a month ago when I accidentally pulled it off my desk, when the wheel of my chair snagged the power cable. It landed on the charging interface and broke the connector off inside the case.  Needless to say its a tough fix.

Although I have yet to purchase the Nexus 7, (and the bonus deal for $50 of free media ends with September) I am quite sure that it is the right idea, right size, and best all-around for my uses and needs.  The Galaxy Tab was great and I look forward to exploring the Nexus 7


No comments:

Post a Comment